Mon tour de France Program (1st part):
In this program, we will use real communication situations suited to the interests, experience and social and intellectual development of this age group.
Each lesson is covered within ¾ weeks and it includes many role play, games, songs and written exercises so the children have a great time learning the language.
This year, the children will also be encouraged to learn about the country they are studying and we will see many interesting facts and traditions about the French regions .
During the all year, we will practice the “ French bath “ which is a 5-10 mn (per lesson) revision of the vocabulary they have seen the past months. This French program is also suitable for new children as we revise this vocabulary all year round through fun flash cards games so they can learn it anytime during the academic year.
This year, the children will see many topics:
– Time/dates and weather
– Clothes and items related to clothing
– Season and months of the year
– More clothing and description of what people are wearing
– Our belongings
– Toiletries and travel objects
– Description of people features and colour of things
– Position and location of objects (on , in, under)
– Family members
– Description of feeling/ emotions
– Sentences building with verb to have (avoir and etre)
(see course outline below for more details on grammar points)
– Extensive family (the bride, the groom, the grand parents, uncle..)
– Writing postcards
– Expressing how things belong to someone (Ex: le sac de Pierre/ pierre’s bag)
– More position and location of things (behind, in front of..)
– Food and shopping dialogues/ role play/ sentences building
– Expressing what we like and do not like
(See course outline below for more details on grammar points)
All the topics are continually reintroduced
(e.g: time will be reintroduced with food).
For more details about the program, please click on the course outline below:
Course outline (2018/19) (open link in a new tab):