Mon tour de France program (2nd part):
In this program, we will use real communication situations suited to the interests, experience and social and intellectual development of this age group.
Each lesson is covered within ¾ weeks and it includes many roleplay, games, song and written exercises so the children have a great time learning the language.
This year, the children will also be encouraged to learn about the country they are studying and we will see many interesting facts and traditions about the French regions .
During the all year, we will practice the “ French bath “ which is a 5-10 mn (per lesson) revision of the vocabulary they have seen the past months. This French program is also suitable for new children as we revise this vocabulary all year round through fun flash cards games so they can learn it anytime during the academic year.
This year, the children will see many topics:
– New food and drinks vocabulary.
– Asking what there is to drink and eat.
– Asking for items to be passed to you.
– Saying what your eat at certain meals time.
– Offering Food and drinks ( fruits, vegetables, meat and others) and the negation.
– Talking and asking about food preferences.
– The different places around town ( police station, hospital, church..)
– Asking and giving directions
– Giving location (prepositions: under, above, in front of, between..), the verb aller ( to go to..)
– The different parts of an house and the rooms.
– Writing and reading description
– Giving and asking for address and phone number
– Telephone conversation
– The different times of the day ( morning, afternoon..)
– The use of pronouns ( look for it, here it is..)
– Writing questions using qu’est-ce que, quel/le, ou ( what do, which, what, where)
– Describing what people are doing in an house
All the topics are continually reintroduced
e.g: time will be reintroduced with food).
For more details about the program, please click on the course outline below: